Tuesday 2 March 2010

review and re-review

First of all I'm going to re-review the Mac Mineralize satinfinish foundation after using it for about two months....

Yeah, it started brilliantly, had an OK coverage, looked quite nice on... however, after a while of using it, I found that I broke out quite badly, and the coverage I realised wasn't as good as I had first thought. I like my face to look plastic and it just didn't do that. What I hadn't realised about this foundation was that it was slightly shimmery... I say shimmery, I mean glittery. Not always the best look to be going for. 
All in all, it was a good foundation, but not one I'd buy again over a Mac Foundation stick. 

WINGE!! Went to the designer outlet to see if I could get some more cheap Mac foundation the other day, and upon entering the amazing shop I found that the only foundations they were stocking that week/fortnight was for very much a darker skin tone... borange. I don't wear borange foundation so I had to leave empty handed. Being the only place in Yorj that stocks Mac cosmetics at all, I had to get a foundation that wasn't Mac, which leads me on the my review....

 Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect....

So far so good. They do it in a large range of colours, and surprisingly a quite good match for my skin! It's matt, and seems to have a really good coverage and manages to cover the uneven skin tones in my face.

xxx

No comments: