Tuesday 30 March 2010

Lush Colour Supplement

As promised, I have got myself a jar of Lush's new Colour Supplement in 'light yellow', even though the shop assistant suggested light pink, when I KNOW that I have a yellow tone to my skin.... (sorry it just irritated me a little bit).... I'm not going to go against the wisdom of a MAC Artiste and change my colour because a Lush Shop Assistant told me to.... I do love Lush however, and the assistant agreed with me once I had tested both the light yellow and light pink.
Anyway.... what a bizarre product!!!!

I knew I would have to play around with it to ensure that I used it correctly. You can use this base neat or by mixing it with moisturiser.... what they don't tell you is that you have to get the consistency perfect for it to even make a difference to your skin. What I mean by this is, I mixed it 50/50 with a very good moisturiser (Aveeno) and started to apply it to my face.... it was almost as if it had turned from a liquid to a mousse foundation but it refused to go on my skin and instead, rolled up in to little balls and crumbled in my hand.... maybe a Lush moisturiser is what is needed? hmmm..... 

Try again.... This time I tried (despite my first wishes) by mixing it 70/30 moisturiser being the 70... I might as well have been wearing no foundation whatsoever.... I tried building it, and sadly, it would not build, instead it just moved around my face. *sigh* Third time lucky?

In fact, it was third time lucky. I used it neat. It felt light on my face, was a very even coverage which was buildable, and despite the fact that it looked slightly darker than I had originally thought, it seemed to not dry as such but change colour so that it was lighter on my face. I took some pictures, and I am wearing as little eye makeup as possible as to not distract from the base, and I am wearing concealer and a powder over the top... but here it is....

This is probably the least makeup you will ever see me ut on here lol but yeah, to conclude as far as I can tell at the moment, the Lush Colour Supplement is quite good. :) I would suggest to anyone thinking of buying it to play around with it first and to go with the colour you think will suit you, not what the lush advisors are trained to tell you will suit you.

xxxxxxxxx







No comments: